ss_blog_claim=e1f69c2a354bd33c8a82e4ab80349b2e

Monday, December 29, 2008

Domain Name Partnership from a Land Down Under

As one of my fave 1980's bands, Men at Work, might say, "Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder. Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover." I don't blog from the land down under, but several of my blogosphere buddies do, including Buffy (you'll find Buffy's Blog listed here in my Roxiticus Best Blogs sidebar). Nooice!

Aussie bloggers may be interested to learn that Australia's biggest domain name registrar, Net Registry, has taken an equity stake in NetFleet, Australia's biggest domain aftermarket. If you come from a land down under, what do you think the implications of this new partnership will be for the .au domain name aftermarket? Will this deal create a vibrant and profitable domain trading industry in Australia? Should I look into Aussie domain names to buy with a plan to develop the content and resell them for a fortune in the future? I've never been on the cutting edge of technology, and I came along too late to ride the dot com boom by hoarding those URLS, so the dot au market may be my chance. The prices are intriguing to me, from Steve dot com dot au seeking $21,000 to mail dot com dot au seeking a cool million. Perhaps Roxiticus Desperate Housewives dot au? Or how about Roxy's Best Of... Australia dot au?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Australian domain nname is worth $1 million... yet :)