ss_blog_claim=e1f69c2a354bd33c8a82e4ab80349b2e

Monday, December 29, 2008

Dear Susan

I love to get comments from my readers. I'm truly envious of my blogosphere buddy Mariuca, who frequently receives triple-digit comments on her posts. However, I'm not so desperate for comment luv that I need to include comments from spammers who come to my blogs looking for no follow links back to their own pathetic splogs (spam blogs). Here's a sample from "Susan," who says, along with an embedded link to an insurance sales web site:

"This is my first visit to your blog. I don't really know what to say, but I'll be coming back often."

Dear Susan, thanks for stopping by with your spam today. You know what my mother taught me? If you don't have anything (nice) to say, don't say anything at all. So, since you don't have anything to say, I have rejected your comment. But I'm sure you'll be coming back soon.

Update, an hour later:

Loyal readers, you will not believe this! Less than an hour after I wrote this post, Susan's sister Ruth visited my Roxiticus Desperate Housewives blog and left this comment, along with a link to her infrared sauna splog:

"I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often."

No comments: