ss_blog_claim=e1f69c2a354bd33c8a82e4ab80349b2e

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

London's Brownie leader is an entertaining e-mailer. She recently sent around one of her classic e-mails entitled "Stuff" in which she rambled on about a range of upcoming Girl Scout events in the Mendham Township and Morris County, New Jersey areas. One snipped reads: "On January 31st there will be a winter hike along Patriots Path in the boro to the mud bowl or pit (one dollar to anyone who can tell me what that is as I was to embarrassed to ask last night as I was the only township leader at the meeting). I will get more details to you as far as time etc when they are passed onto me." Since I consider myself something of an expert on all things Mendham, I laughed out loud, doubly embarrassed not to have a clue about the historic Mud Bowl... my guess would have involved college football on New Year's Day. I will note that none of the other Brownie moms have sent around an e-mail with an explanation of the Mud Bowl...

Meanwhile, our leader's follow up email told the girls in London's Brownie troop to get their Boots ready for walkin' on the winter hike and treasure hunt on Saturday, January 31st. For a change, my girls are prepared (though I think that's actually the Boy Scout motto). Our awesome nanny gave them matching snow boots for Christmas. The hike will be followed by a campfire with s’mores, hot chocolate, and a pine cone birdfeeder craft.

No comments: