ss_blog_claim=e1f69c2a354bd33c8a82e4ab80349b2e

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Glasses for Rex


I know, I know, I haven't had time to write much for the past few weeks. It's all I can do to keep up with work and family, never mind my fitness plans for the New Year or blogging every day. I want to thank all of my loyal readers for your patience... I'm hoping to be able to write more often after we settle in to a new routine of waking everyone up early, getting the girls to their before-care program at Mendham Township Elementary School, and dashing across the Bernardsville mountain to the train station and off to NYC. Over on my Roxiticus Desperate Housewives and Roxy's Best Of... sites, I've been posting about the big changes our family has been going through since Rex and I decided to join forces with another investment banking firm. While we had a great deal more flexibility running our own three-person mergers and acquisitions firm, we have been learning about some of the unexpected benefits of being part of a larger company. On our first day with the new firm, the human resources manager took us through the benefits plans: medical, dental, and vision. According to a recent article in The New York Times, only 17 percent of employers now provide a vision plan, so we are lucky to have one that covers annual eye exams and a new pair of eyeglasses for Rex. So far, London, Maddie and I don't need glasses, but if we did, each of us would be eligible for a new pair every year under the company vision plan, too. The same article in the Times mentions Zenni Optical as a low cost online provider of a wide selection of frames starting at only $8. I found the tortoise shell frames in the photo for Rex for only $19 for the lens and frames. Click on the photo if you'd like to order a backup pair of frames without breaking the bank.

No comments: